Minutes from Club Members Meeting of 10Oct2015
Meeting called to order @ 1945
1. Motion made & approved to forgo reading of minutes from previous meeting. Please see website for previous minutes or check the blue 3-ring binder behind the bar for all minutes.
2. Treasurer Report – Nothing new to report since last meeting (2 weeks ago -see prior post or blue binder behind the bar) Jaan reports phone cost down to about $25/month –agreed worth keeping at that price. Susannah reports average 20% loss from bar -overpour on drinks or drinks/food not paid for…
3. How to pay for wifi Susannah will cater fundraiser for internet equip on Sat 12th Dec – ‘Surf & Turf’ served on surfboards! Internet equipment was around $300.
A donation jar will be set up to try and recover monthly internet costs of $80/mth so those using it can contribute. Need to pass the word on contributing to wifi. Please pass the word to pitch in!!
4. Firewood – Vic has handled purchase of firewood (cost $245 for ½ cord) also Brian, Robert, Ali, Linda handled picking up and stacking some free firewood from Pt. Richmond
5. Discussion on Cleaning service for club – agreed would be good to have a thorough cleanup once a month but we probably don’t have budget for it yet. Ali & Robert will investigate costs –something to be considered for future fundraiser idea.
6. Insurance. Nick Pollutro has given a quote for insurance for club –basically about $1800/year = ($160/month). This is something that we have to address in the near future but again question of how to pay for this. Discussion returned to a past topic of raising drink prices.
7. Drink prices. As unpopular as the subject is the only way to be able to afford some of the changes especially the most needed one of insurance is to consider evaluating our prices. The following motions and votes were made on drink prices. After a variety of ideas for new drink prices the motion put forward for the new pricing structure is as follows:
Motion 1: All NON-members pay $1 more for drinks. (This passed by overwhelming majority)
Effective 24th of October 2015 all drink prices for non-members will be $1 more. The suggestion was made that the signage for drink prices show the new prices but at the bottom state that members pay $1 less. This was agreed upon as a good idea and good incentive to be a member.
Motion2: At all ‘special’ events (not bi-monthly but the planned events like Halloween/Crabfeed etc) drinks will be $1 more for everyone –members and visitors.
8. Halloween Party Planning. Tom needs counter space – kitchen lacking that with added appliances. The 2nd microwave will be removed. Ali & Sarah will handle Halloween decoration arrangements and coordinate with those interested in participating. Bonny will handle pre-event clean up. Robert will make sure there is propane. Vic, Linda Bonny and anyone else available will handle.
9. Topic of Burger & Beers name change ideas – a desire to reflect the variety of menus with different people cooking. Several ideas presented- “Harbor Feast”, “Surprise Saturday Supper” & “Lost Harbor Feast” – it was agreed to finalise votes on this or other idea at next meeting –your input & ideas appreciated.
10. New member voted in: Diana Gaffney voted as probationary member to be considered for full membership April 2016.
The meeting was adjourned at 20:55
Members Present noted in bold
Pat Armitage (&Sharon)
Tom Chow & Bernice Yee
Kathleen Clancy/Bob & Josh Keller
Gil de la Rosa
Robert,Ali, Edney Linda Saephan
Susannah Gaterud & Jaan Hjorth
Eric & Roz Johnson
Sara & Nick Pollutro
Adrian & Cindy Rongen
Alena Rudolph & Anton Souza
Ernie Sullivan Dues